D I D Y O U K N O W……?
• Anyone can be a volunteer: as a firefighter, or a limited member.
• There are currently 15 volunteer firefighters serving your town.
• Your fire department is funded by your generous contributions as well as our own fundraising efforts. This includes breakfasts, coin drops, carnival booth, bingo, tag sale, along with Grant Funding.
• Your department is active in educating your children with fire
safety, with the annual Fire Prevention Week at the Wells Village School.
• That by becoming a Volunteer Firefighter and taking the training (at no cost to you) to become a Firefighter Level 1, opens the door for you to become a paid Professional Firefighter, nationwide. That’s right, NATIONWIDE!
• That between 1984 and 2012, the number of volunteer firefighters in the United States fell by 13 percent, while the number of emergency calls nearly tripled.
• In 2014, 69 percent of our firefighters-that’s 7 out of every ten firefighters were volunteers. That’s 783,300 volunteers out of an estimated 1,129,250 firefighters in the country.
• Every year, volunteer firefighters save American taxpayers an estimated $139.8 BILLION, not to mention countless lives.
As a volunteer, you get the self-satisfaction of helping others in your community. Come and see what we’re all about. Join us, be a volunteer.